committed to providing evidence-based and best-practice support
We support the mental health of women and families with a unique specialty in early maternal mental health. Any and all family systems are welcome, and you do not need to be a new mom to qualify for support.
We believe that everyone deserves to feel their best, that each and every perinatal mood and anxiety disorder, like Postpartum Depression (PPD), is treatable, and that with appropriate support, women and families get well.
We are a group of mental health therapists and complimentary wellness providers who partner to provide a collaborative model of care in offering evidence-based and holistic treatment options to our clients. Each of our clinicians is trained to assess, support, and treat a myriad of reproductive and family mental and physical health issues. Our expert providers will assist you along your journey to wellness through compassion, understanding, knowledge, and collaboration.
The PWCB supports all types of families. While Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADS) are a big part of what we support and treat, we are focused on promoting the mental health of all women, men, children, and families through reproduction and the transition to parenthood and beyond. Our collaborative partners provide psychiatry, lactation support, acupuncture and chinese medicine, physical therapy, infant/child sleep consulting, and naturopathic medicine as a part of this effort.
Make an appointment
Sometimes the hardest part is picking up the phone. Once you have decided to reach out for support, you have begun your healing journey. Give us a call and we will answer any questions that you might have. It's time to feel better.
Are you concerned you may have Postpartum Depression?
For a score of 10 or higher, or if you are concerned, book an assessment with one of our therapists HERE
To provide exceptional evidence-based and best practice treatment to women and families. We achieve this with a collaborative and multi-disciplinary approach when appropriate, modeling efficient, thorough, and extraordinary care.
We are committed to and invested in all parents and family systems. We partner with the Margaret L Shaw Institute for Perinatal Mental Health to offer low-fee service when requested.
Motherhood is an equalizer. Everyone struggles at some point in this transition, regardless of race, age, economic status, education, or background.
2. Every woman and family requires support to be healthy.
3. Every family is different. What is required for one family to be healthy may not be the same as what is required for the next.
4. Appropriate support requires a deep knowledge about the range of emotional experiences in motherhood/parenthood, and is provided within the context of understanding that no-one is perfect.
5. Appropriate maternal and early family health care is provided by clinicians who are willing to be uncertain in their knowledge and who are, when uncertain, willing to reach for answers.
6. Best-practice treatment occurs in a team whenever possible to allow for multi-dimensional, collaborative, and holistic support that benefits entire family systems.