The PWCB strives to be a leader in perinatal and reproductive mental health training. The PWCB has on-going partnerships with The University of Colorado at Boulder, The University of Denver, and Naropa University, and each year the has several spots for interns interested in this field.
Intern qualifications include:
1. Intern must demonstrate an approved level of current knowledge and interest in issues surrounding perinatal mental health.
2. Intern must be open to supporting and treating pregnant and lactating women who require pharmaceutical medicine as a part of their treatment.
3. Intern must be self-motivated in learning; this placement requires self-directed reading and research.
4. Intern must be self-motivated and comfortable with marketing; this placement requires a willingness to market ones-self in the community in order to help with low-fee client referrals, and requires professionalism in representing a larger practice in community settings.
5. Intern must be open to case-management and collaborative treatment.
6. Intern should demonstrate self-reflective capacity, willingness to work collaboratively with various systems, and an ability to think critically about the role of the clinician in the therapeutic process.
Students training with the PWCB will be expected to engage in the following:
1. 8-10 hours in an ObGyn office providing postpartum mental health assessments, collaborating with doctors and nurses, and providing clinic-based crises management when necessary.
2. 5-10 hours of on-going psychotherapy support to perinatal women and their families at the PWCB offices.
Other opportunities involve group facilitation, community psychoeducation, and on-going community collaboration
The intern will receive weekly supervision from a licensed perinatal mental health specialist.
For more information or to send a resume and letter of interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
THE PWCB IS SEEKING RECENT GRADS FOR OUR FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
The Postpartum Wellness Center/Boulder is a multidisciplinary mental health and wellness center founded by Kate Kripke, LCSW; and our team currently consists of psychotherapists, a reproductive psychiatrist, graduate-level therapy interns, and collaborators in acupuncture, naturopathic medicine, lactation, PT, OT, and infant/child sleep. The PWC/B serves individuals, couples, and families across the reproductive health spectrum, into early family life, and with a predominate focus on perinatal and maternal mental health.
We are looking to invite a Fellow psychotherapist into our practice. This person has recently completed a graduate level mental health training program and is looking to accrue licensure hours while receiving specialized, reflective supervision and expert training in Perinatal Mental Health.
The ideal candidates:
• Are committed to Reproductive Mental Health and/or Infant/Child Mental Health and/or Couples Therapy, and comes with an interest in and desire for training in these specializations;
• Provide ethical care with high integrity by honoring his/her strengths and seeking collaboration & support from colleagues when necessary;
• Are committed to on-going professional development in evidence-based and best-practice care;
• Work independently to provide clients with an exceptional therapy experience by representing the PWC/B through excellent judgment and professional conduct at all times;
• Demonstrate strong self-reflective capacity and eagerness to receive reflective supervision/mentorship and serve as an active team member in a collaborative environment;
Are enthusiastic about participating in a wellness community with a commitment to collaborative client care;
· Graduate level education in social work, counseling, or psychology;
· Possesses own professional liability insurance;
· Has some formal training in perinatal mental health, or is willing to undergo training in an effort to move towards a certification process via Postpartum Support International
This Fellow position is part-time and Clinician will come into the PWC/B as an Independent Contractor with a fixed per-client salary rate. All overhead fees will be provided by the PWCB, including supervision and training.
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.